We use the latest front-end technologies in our software, at the moment that means things like SASS, jQuery, Git and Composer and you’ll be helping develop our in-house framework used across all of our products. You’ll work closely with our Graphic designers, customers and end there users. You’ll learn how to efficiently communicate ideas through sketches, wireframes, prototypes and whatever other tools and techniques you feel are right for the situation.
The successful candidate will:
- Be highly competent with CSS and HTML coding
- Understand web standards and build for accessibility without sweating it
- Build websites on our chosen CMS platforms including WordPress
- A passion for working on creative digital campaigns
- Enjoy presenting your ideas and work, to the team and our customers
- Have experience working in an Agile environment
- Have a portfolio or examples of work demonstrating your talent and energy
- Providing accurate timing estimates on work.
- Contributing to documentation (instructional, pitch and technical specification)
- Maintaining a high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly in regard to accessibility, usability, and emerging technologies, and keep team members informed as appropriate, with a view to incorporating these in future projects and staying ahead of the market and position yourself and the company as a digital specialist.
- Constantly seeking to develop yourself by learning new technologies and keeping abreast of your markets developments.
Developing cross-browser and cross-platform compatible solutions
- Excitement about emerging web technologies
- Good understanding of Web Accessibility
- Experience working with version control systems
If you agree with most, or even all of those points you should definitely contact us. Our team design and build great websites, for leading organisations in Stock Markets, Transport and Distribution, Local Government, Agriculture, Hospice, Education, as well as national and international businesses and brands.
Job perks and benefits include:
- Options for home and remote working.
- Flexible hours.
- Living and breathing the world of Macs.
- Cool office environment.
- Work with like-minded, design driven people, where passionate discussions about design theory and practice are a regular occurrence.
- Unlimited fresh ground coffee, cold running water.
If you would like to apply please ensure that you:
- Send us examples of your work, code is great but we love sketches, wireframes, prototypes, and whatever other tools and techniques you feel are right
- URLs of your online work, and tell us what your involvement was with each.
- You can also write to us and tell us what lights your fire.